Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy Fucking Whatever

Well, one more year over with. Let's hope that 2005 manages to drain my will to live a little slower than 2004.

Why yes, I am in a cranky mood tonight. Why do you ask?

I don't know what it is about New Year's, but it plunges me into a black depression Every. Single. Year. Maybe it's because I can't help but contemplate the previous year and it always seems like every single year was worse than the one before it ("so every day that you see me is on the worst day of my life"). I'm a glass-half-empty kind of girl, so I suppose I tend to focus on the negative, but still. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I got wasted on New Year's like everyone else. Also, I have never, ever gotten a kiss at midnight.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go complain myself to sleep.

Current Mood: New Year's-y.
Current Music: "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home