Sunday, January 02, 2005

Eh, I'll sleep when I'm dead. Which may be sooner than I'd planned.

Okay, so for the past week or so my heart has been beating funny. It'll beat normally for a while, then it'll skip a beat and then kick in really hard again. It feels all fluttery and I don't like it a bit. My mom says that our family has a history of funky heart beats due to stress. This is true, since I remember her having to leave work to go to the hospital once due to a heartbeat so weird she thought she was having a heart attack or something. She quit her job and it cleared right up. But I'm not so sure that's what's wrong with me. If anything, I should be better now since I haven't done a damn thing since Winter Break started two weeks ago.

Tonight things got worse. I finally went to bed at, like, 3 am and I was trying to sleep when my grandmother turned her TV up as far as it would go. She's got dementia pretty bad, so she's not really aware that she's crazy and kind of annoying, so you can't get mad at her. But that doesn't make a blaring TV in the wee hours of the morning any easier to deal with. I was thinking about getting up to go tell her to turn it down (that thought was quickly followed by "Hey, Monk is on!") when my mom got up and made her turn it off. Then I realized that my chest felt pretty tight and the left side was aching. My mom was in the kitchen making a cup of tea (when you wake her up, she can't usually get back to sleep), so I went downstairs to express my freaked-out-edness.

She took my pulse, and it's kind of irregular, but I'm not having any sort of crisis. So we talked about things and unless I am having a crisis, the emergency room in Sandpoint is pretty useless and the doctor's office here in Priest River doesn't open again until Monday. Dammit dammit dammit.

I don't want to go to sleep, because it gets worse when I lay down or recline and I can't sleep sitting up (usually). So, here I am at 6:30 in the morning posting this completely unentertaining post because, well, I have nothing else to do. I'm too caught up on all my message boards, and no one is posting at this time of night, er, morning, so I'm bored. Bored bored bored.

Well, fantastic. That post took 10 whole minutes to write. Only 26 and a half more hours until I can go to the doctor!

Scary Ass Link of the Day:
Since I can't sleep, I think it would be fun to spread the misery around. Here is a link guaranteed to give you nightmares so bad you won't want to sleep either!

The Other Pony Club

There really are no words to describe this. It must be seen to be believed. I'll post a little snippet from the site anyway:

Human ponies are not new. It exists when and wherever people are inspired by horsy sports. Europe, US, ex-colonial Africa, Middle East. (Though there not all ponies may be volunteers, so be warned!) From our experience we now know what works and what does not.

What the fuck, man? Seriously! What. The. Fuck?

Current Mood: Worried.
Current Music: "Love Song #1" by Meshell Ndegeocello

3 Comments:

Blogger Nerdygirl said...

That's not good. That's really not good. Don't die cause then I'd have to ressurect you cause the Bisexual Cyber Priestesses bodies aren't done yet.

More on pony peoples later.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Raksha said...

More on pony peoples? Do you mean "more" as in you will tell me more about them that isn't on that site, or "more" as in you will comment again once you've gone through the site and absorbed its weirdness?

I'm going to call you later today. I'm bored.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Claytonian said...

The funniest thing about that website is the straw hats.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home