Thursday, February 24, 2005

And Yet, I Just Can't Seem To Care....

So, I'm finding it more and more difficult to give a shit about anything. What's especially worrying is I'm finding it more and more difficult to care about things that used to mean a great deal to me. For example, I'm completely unmotivated to engage with feminism like I used to. I'm the TA for an Intro to Women's Studies class and I've been grading a bunch of journal entries lately. A few years ago, if I'd read the things in these journals ("I think, deep down, women really like being treated as sex objects" "It's okay to treat men better than women because God made us different") I would have been apoplectic. Now, I was irritated, sure, but not like I would have been. And I couldn't keep up that irritation for more than a few hours at a time.

I don't want to read about feminism anymore.
I don't want to talk about feminism anymore.
I don't want to go tree-sit anymore.
I don't want to march on Washington anymore.
I don't want to write letters to the editor anymore.
I don't want to debate with anybody anymore about anything.
I don't want to hear other people's opinions anymore.
I don't even want to hear my own opinions anymore.

I. Just. Don't. Care.


Filthy Dream Update:
Last night featured John Constantine (well, Keanu Constantine, anyway). He has more tattoos than the ones you saw in the film.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linus said...

I feel your pain... I am bored to death in my Lit. classes. I don't find any of it stimulating anymore, and I don't get up in arms these days when others don't get it.

I guess this is why they call it a "4 year school."

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home