Wednesday, March 02, 2005

This Is My Life, And It's Ending One Minute At A Time.

Tuesday March 1, 2005

12:13 am - Decide to quit doing homework and go to bed early. Socializing takes it out of me and I'm exhausted after this weekend.

2 am-ish - Finally get to sleep. My brain just won't shut up lately. Tonight, I was stressing over my final research paper for Gender and Religion. It's got to be 15-20 pages and at this point I'm so thoroughly apathetic about everything, I've been having trouble even writing 2-page response papers. The last one I wrote was so half assed, I wouldn't be surprised if Quincy won't accept it.

6:47 am - Wake up for no reason. Desperately trying to get back to sleep. End up staring at the sheet I pulled over my head to block out light.

8 am - I give up and get out of bed and get cleaned up.

8:30 am - Eat a bagel and read the final issue of Excalibur (an X-men comic). *sniff* Meggan and Brian got married, Douglock got amnesia, and Kitty, Kurt, and Piotr decided to go back to America to rejoin the X-men. Sad. I liked Excalibur, even if it tends to be the red headed stepchild of the X-Universe.

9:05 am - Rode the bus to campus. Listened to the Red Hot Chili Peppers on my diskman. I want to be Flea when I grow up. Only prettier.

9:35 am - Gender and American Religion class. Talked about the Men and Religion Forward Movement. Was somewhat annoyed by the article we read about it. The author kept trying to insist that gender itself really didn't have much to do with it. I totally believe that the economic and social changes she describes contributed a great deal to it, but considering the changes in gender roles going on at the time, I fail to see how gender itself could not have played a big part as well.

10:53 am - I tease Nerdy Girl about always running out of class without me. She responds by threatening to withhold her rope. Note to self: Don't tease Nerdy Girl about her bladder capacity.

10:58 am - Advised two students in my Intro to Women's Studies class (I'm the TA) about their upcoming media projects. Ooh, I feel all teacherly.

11 am - 12:15 pm - Wow, that's a great big blank spot. I can't remember anything from class. Yikes.

12:18 pm - Went to Ross Hall computer lab to print out syllabus for my Intro class. Annie was supposed to get me a copy a long ass time ago (I had to give my copy to a student the first day), but I guess she forgot. I needed it so I could look at the journal entry guidelines so I could slap a grade on the journals they handed in 2 WEEKS AGO. I finished reading and commenting on them over a week ago, but have been waiting on some kind of key from Annie. I give up.

12:30 pm - WAN meeting. Guerilla Girls might agree to come here anyway, even though we don't have all the money.

1-5 pm - Wow, another blur. I was at work at the Science Library, my boss seemed like everything was fine and there were no angry patrons on the other side of the counter, so I must have been doing my job. Hell if I can remember it, though.

5:08 pm - Caught the bus in front of the Classroom Building. Listened to RHCP again.

5:27-6 pm - Watched Law and Order: SVU until it was time to leave for my next class. Read an X-Force comic during the commercials. Will Roberto be deported back to Brazil? Will Dani defeat the crazy weird immortals with her spiffy new blue powers? Keep reading, True Believer!

6:03 pm - Scraped the ice and snow off my car. Of course it snowed today. It always fucking snows on Tuesdays.

6:30 pm - Quincy is sitting in on my Film and Religion class again. I really like her, even if she is a Calvinist.

6:50 pm - So, the film we're watching is called The Apostle. Robert Duvall is a Pentecostal preacher. This film is fucking terrifying. There are huge long scenes of people yelling things like "Praise!" and "Glory!" and "JESUS!!!!" (yes, they yell in capital letters with excessive punctuation). I feel like they're trying to brainwash me. I'm scared. If I start displaying monotheistic tendencies, please kidnap me and send me to a cult deprograming center.

9:32 pm - When discussing how Robert Duvall killed another character, Bob Torry (in true Pentecostal preacher fashion) shouted "Can I get a manslaughter!" to which the class responded "Manslaughter!" and "Amen!"

10:31 pm - I got 100% on my midterm, after adding in my extra credit. Sweeeet.

10:52 pm - Yes, Roberto went with the INS agents to get sent back to Brazil, but Domino smells something fishy. Before she can begin to investigate, though, a package arrives for Sam from the yet-to-be-destroyed mutant nation of Genosha. This other crazy weird immortal helps Dani tap into her new blue power again and she defeats the first two crazy immortals.

10:57 pm - Finish slapping grades on the journals for my intro class. Decide to go to bed early, so I can get up at 5 am to go to breakfast at Tessa's. Rachel and Ben should feel special. I don't drag my ass up out of bed that early for just anybody. If I stay up all night, that's totally different, but interrupting sleep at such an obscene hour just does not happen. I love you guys. (Note: Ben didn't even show up. Bad Ben! No cookie!)

11:59 pm - Yeah, I'm still awake.

Goodnight, John Boy.

Filthy Dream Update: Well, it started with a scary nightmare about being trapped in a Pentecostal-ish church, with people shouting weird things I couldn't understand (talking in tongues, maybe?). I kept trying to get out, but I couldn't find the door. That's what I get for going to bed so soon after I get home from Film and Religion. But then that dream cut off abruptly, af if someone (gee, I wonder who) had flipped a switch. In its place was a much, much more pleasant dream involving Wolverine (movie version), torn clothing, and the back of his pickup-camper from the first movie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nerdygirl said...

*laughs* If only everyone's days were this funny...


...I had a semi-filthy dream which involved a much younger version of a former director of mine...creepy. No sex though, which I'm okay with. At least Freya's replacing bad dreams with...um...good ones?

11:56 AM  
Blogger Linus said...

I had a religio-filthy dream about last night's dessert. Let's just say it involved myself, a kitchen torch, several BCPs, and a lot of creme brulee...

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home