Monday, March 14, 2005

People With Alzheimer's Say The Funniest Things!

In the kitchen: [irritated] "So, we're just supposed to sit on the shelf until they give us directions, then?"

In the living room: "All people have the same kinds of thoughts, but when they go too far from home, other people just don't know."

To the dog: "You can count to twelve, right?"

In January: "Happy Easter!"

In the living room: "I need to sniff some mustard. If I can just get a bit of it down into my lung, it'll attack the germ and everything will be alright."

After dinner: "You can't touch these [empty dishes]. I'm running a scientific experiment."

To her granddaughter: "Hi, my name's Peggy. What's yours?"

About a half-used tube of toothpaste: "They called in that favor, so if the man shows up, just give him this."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remeber my great aunt having a lot of memorable quotes when she was afflicted with it.There was the time she tried to eat the stuffed animal we got her, however...

5:36 PM  
Blogger Raksha said...

Hee! I don't think my grandmother's tried to eat anything inappropriate yet, other than the sandwiches she hides and rediscovers a week later. Gram had a very small stroke several years ago that made her act a little...off...to begin with. It was so small, though, that no one knew it had happened until things went downhill and she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and the doctor found evidence of it.

Life with Gram is interesting, I'll say that much. My mom's a trooper.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Linus said...

Your mom is a saint.

I fear this sort of outcome for myself. I played combat sports for almost 20 years - I'm sure I have suffered a goodly amount of head trauma. I just don't want to end up like Ali...

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home