Sunday, May 29, 2005

I've Been A Bad, Bad Girl

Yes, it has been many, many days since my last update. I'm sorry. I have no excuse, I'm just lazy.

Things are better here than they were during my last update. I happened to come home during one of my grandmother's really bad spells. When she has a bad time, everyone has a bad time. Especially my mom. But she's going through a good spell now, so it's much more calm here. I can shower every day now and I don't have to lock my door at night. It's sort of stressful in its own way, though. Even though I call this a good spell, it's still hard. Gram still does weird and/or gross things and we're always aware that the next bad spell could begin at any moment. We're always on the lookout for any sign that it's about to hit, so we can take some steps to try to soften the blow. It's stressful.

It's also stressful because we're moving. Again. Yes, folks, that's right. I will be moving three times this summer. Once to our new house here in Idaho, once down to Laramie to finish out the rest of the summer, and once again to Ohio for grad school. This will take my Official Life-Long Moving Total up to 23. Yes, by the end of the summer, I will have moved 23 times in 23 years. Please kill me.

But, thankfully, it's not all bad. Princess Rainbow Terrorist is absolutely precious, even though she bites and scratches a lot. I know she's just playing, but I still look like a cutter thanks to her. Only about a month and a half to go until she can be declawed! Thankfully, she's very good about leaving me alone while I sleep, considering she stays in my room at night. When the lights go out, she goes right to sleep, every time. And when she knows I'm asleep, she leaves me alone, even if she's zooming all over the rest of the room. Once I'm up, I'm fair game, though.

Here she is "helping" me check my e-mail:


checkemail
Originally uploaded by Raksha38.



Being an adorable pain in the ass is tiring work! For such a little kitty, she sure gets heavy after a while. (Note: Dude, I look like I have no hair in this pic. Don't worry, I didn't cut it, it's just pinned back and the angle is weird here.)


naptime
Originally uploaded by Raksha38.




Also, I've been on a bit of a nerdy shopping spree lately. I'll update later everything I've gotten so you can all tremble before my mighty nerd powers, but so far the only thing that has arrived in the mail is my Lenore Lunchbox of Dooom. I'm so excited about this, I sometimes make my lunch, pack it in my Lunchbox of Dooom and take it into the living room to eat. As I'm sure most of you know by now, I also have a new Lenore "Fishies go pook pook pook!" t-shirt. Schweeeet!


lenorebox
Originally uploaded by Raksha38.



Well, that's about all that is happening here. I still can't wait to get back to Laramie. I'm trying to move up the departure date here, but that's not looking like it will happen. But no matter what, I'll be back by August 2nd, at the latest!

8 Comments:

Blogger Raksha said...

Heh, so I've been told....

2:51 PM  
Blogger Raksha said...

I've been told I look quite a bit like Talena Atfield, former bassist for Kitty. My mom was channel surfing one day and came across their video for "Brackish" and flipped out. She called me into the room and was all Chrissy, that's you with shorter red hair!"

I think she does kind of have a certain resemblance to me, especially when I'm doing my Goth Princess thing. Hey, Linus! You should e-mail me some of my better Goth Princess photos. And the one of me with the knife.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Claytonian said...

I think you look like Leigha Organa.
Anyhoo, I'm curious, what kind of service are you using to upload your pics?

1:47 AM  
Blogger Claytonian said...

nm, I figured it out

1:47 AM  
Blogger Linus said...

she IS rather cute - but I hear her boyfriend has rabies...

8:18 AM  
Blogger Raksha said...

Well, I suppose you would know, dear.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

PRT reminds me of my Georgie when she was that little. She's only 9 mos now, but she's not as vicious and bloodthirsty as she was when she was just a couple of months old.

Love the Lenore T. I miss the animated website.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Justin Cognito said...

I gotta agree with the "cute" assessment, both of you and PRT.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home