Tuesday, June 07, 2005

"Why Can't People Understand, I've Got A Short Attention Span? Short Attention Span."

1) I have both of the X-men/Star Trek comic crossovers and I have the first novel 'Planet X.' Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find me the name of, or better yet a link to, the second crossover novel. I must have it. As a Trekkie and a Marvel Zombie, I feel strangely incomplete without it.

2) Speaking of the X-men, remember back in February when our very own Pink Princess posted that flow chart of who's kissed and/or screwed who on Buffy? Well, I've got that one beat! Feast your eyes on the X-men Continuity Flow Chart, 1990-2000!


xmencontinuity1sd
Originally uploaded by Raksha38.



To see a much bigger version, click here. Put your cursor over the picture and a button will appear in the lower left hand corner of the picture. Click it.

That's only the basics, too! Somewhere in there, they had both of the X-Men/Star Trek crossovers and a couple other things too. Dudes, I own most of these comics, and even I can't follow this chart!

3) I've developed this strange fascination with the song "Guns Don't Kill People, Rappers Do" by Goldie Lookin Chain. They're 8 white British guys. Funny weirdness.

4) If you can identify where the title of this post came from, I'll give you a cookie.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mandyfish said...

Wow! Your geektastic flowchart has stunned AND amazed me!

On further thought, your geekiness does consist of many...MANY more characters than mine does. I'd be afraid....or really PROUD.


I appear to be capitolizing words just for the hell of it. ENJOY!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Linus said...

My preliminary Googling has shown me that if Michael Jan Friedman, the author of the "Planet X," has actually written a sequel, he is not admitting its existence. Neither is Simon and Schuster, the parent company of Pocket Books, the publisher of the first novel. More searching after class...

The Fizzy Bangers were easy to find, though.
:)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Raksha said...

Mandy: RaNdOm CaPiTaLiZaTiOn Is FuN! AlThOuGh, If YoU uSe It ToO mUcH, pEoPlE wIlL hEaR tOrGo'S vOiCe In ThEiR hEaDs As ThEy ReAd YoUr WrItInG. AnD tHaT wOuLd Be BaD bEcAuSe ThE mAsTeR wOuLd NoT aPpRoVe!

Linus: Aw, you used Google to find the Fizzy Bangers? That seems like cheating. Although, to be fair, I think the only person who'd maybe get that off the top of her head would be Brittany. And even that's a big maybe. So, I guess I shall award you the cookie. You'll have to wait a few more weeks to collect, though.

I think I heard that Marvel was the publisher of one or more X-related novels. You might try looking for that. My Google skills are exhausted, so I'm turning it over to the Google Master.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Linus said...

Search continued - still no success. I found a very comprehensive searchable database that lists all the Trek novels - but it is only updated to about 2000. When was this second novel published?

4:54 PM  
Blogger Raksha said...

I have no idea when it was published. *sigh* I fear I may have to go novel-less.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Raksha said...

Hee! So true! This is one reason why I've decided I'd rather go deaf than blind. Even if they did manage to translate X-men stuff into Braille, it just won't be the same, yo.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Justin Cognito said...

Good God, the pure continuity is eating my brain.

I hear Chris Claremont has one that just says, "Nuh uh."

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home