Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Comics In Braille Wouldn't Be That Bad, Right?

So, I had to get glasses. I fucking hate them. They're ugly, they give me a headache and make me dizzy, and everything looks farther away than it is, so I'm constantly groping around like a retard when I try to grab something. I wish I'd never gone to the eye doctor in the first place. I wasn't going to wear them at all, they were just going to be very, very expensive coffee table decorations in my new apartment, but my dad smacked me in the face with some logic, so I feel like I have to now.

See, my dad is an optometrist, and though we're not close and I don't actually like him very much as a person or a father, he does know his shit when it comes to glasses. So, since the eye people here in Idaho are fucking incompetent, lazy assholes and wouldn't explain what the hell all those numbers in my prescription mean, I called my dad in Ohio to ask if my vision would get worse if I didn't wear my glasses. I also called him to beg him to adjust my glasses right* as soon as I get into Columbus in September. He said that my vision wouldn't get worse if I didn't wear my glasses, but I have a pretty hefty prescription, so I probably really need to wear them. The whole reason I went to get them in the first place was that I was getting terrible headaches all the time, so if these would make those stop, that would be a good thing, right? (*sigh*) He said I should wear them for two weeks to get used to them, and then after that I could just wear them when I'm doing things that give me eye fatigue and strain and give me headaches. Unfortunately, this means I'll have to wear them pretty much all the time, since reading, using a computer, driving (especially at night), watching TV, and sitting in buildings with flourescent light gives me headaches. And sometimes I get eye-headaches when I'm tired.

Fuckin' A. I can't fucking stand the way I look with glasses. I'm not a vain person, honestly. I just hate to make things worse, is all.


Hideous
Originally uploaded by Raksha38.




* = The lady who made my glasses refused to adjust them right. She kept saying "Well, they look straight" in this tone of voice that implied I was just trying to make trouble. Then she'd push on the left nose pad a little (it needs to come in and the left lense needs to come up a bit), but she wouldn't do it hard enough to actually move it. Now most of the weight of the glasses is resting on the right side of my nose. The mark on that side of my nose is quite a fetching shade of neon pink.

8 Comments:

Blogger Linus said...

You look cute as always (aside from the "God damn I hate these fucking glasses" look that you have on your face):). If they don't fit, let's get you into the optometrists here and see if they can't make them better.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Raksha said...

That's very nice of you to say, Linus, but I feel one of Craig's Poetry Slam Commandments applies here: The judges can't be anyone who is or is trying to sleep with me.

Besides, you wear kilts in Laramie in the middle of winter. Your judgement is automatically suspect.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Claytonian said...

Um, is my opinion valid? :P
Pretty dour picture actually.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Mandyfish said...

The glasses aren't bad honey. Neither is the picture. Your expression is pretty much dour...but that is to be expected if you hate them this much. I'm sorry hon.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I whole-heartedly join in your hatred of the glasses. It has occured to me recently that I will have to wear my glasses rather than contacts while in the PC and on top of that, I'll have to wear my hair back. Self-image crisis is totally valid and it sucks.

Just don't let it worry you enough to stop you from doing things that you love. No one else is going to see you half as critically as you see yourself. And in a little time you'll find a way to become comfortable with the glasses or find an alternate solution.

P.S. I actually think the glasses are cute, and my vote counts because I'm not trying to sleep with you *wink*

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Christian support for weight loss scanners e tech barcode goedkope What vicodin testing Blowjob pic free Www vicodin com withdrawal symptom

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Ruby 2b mary kay cosmetics Creditcard formation ford ka style seat cover

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site black cock asian ass Fax kostenlos sms schreiben lasik eye surgery mobile phone tools

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home