Sunday, July 10, 2005

More Random Randomness!

1) Lovely time wasting links, mostly curtesy of Snarkfest:

Last 40 images posted on LiveJournal. It's just like it sounds, you click the link, you see the last 40 pics that were posted to LiveJournal! MAY NOT BE WORK SAFE. My favorite from tonight:




Kingdom of Loathing! Battle some Menacing Booze Giants and stealthy Snow Ninjas to collect Meatloaf Helmets and Filthy Corduroys! Dudes, I'm a frickin vegetarian (trying to transition to an almost-completely-vegan) and even I want a Meat Tree! From now on, I'm listing my occupation as "Disco Bandit" on any form that I possibly can.

Child Beauty Pageant Zombies Will Eat Your Soul! Click "samples" and then "color samples." Eeeee!

PostSecret Since they didn't put up my postcard, it's safe to post this! Go gawk at other people's pain!


2) I Knew I Should Have Read 'Good Omens' First....

Okay, so after last year's school craziness, I haven't been able to read for fun at all. That's totally upsetting to me, cuz I love love love me some books. I mean, last Winter Break (which was a month long, not the lame 3 weeks we got this year), I read 24 books. Sure, some of those were sci-fi/fantasy paperbacks that took me an afternoon, but still. This Winter Break and summer? No. None at all. I have the attention span of a gnat. I bought a bunch of books right after I got back to Idaho, and I just finished the first one (an extremely excellent collection of short stories by Neil Gaiman) yesterday. Today, I started a new book called Regina's Song by David and Leigh Eddings (please don't break up with me, Linus). Sure, it's got some problems, but I was rather enjoying the story, when I come to page 282. Everything is fine and dandy, the plot is starting to come to a head, and then...the book starts over from page 123, and continues until page 154, at which point it picks back up at page 317. Fuckin' A! I was planning to stay up until I either finished it, or fell asleep! But no. None of that for me. Instead, I had to e-mail the publisher and ask for the goddamn missing pages. *sigh*

3) The Countdown Begins

Yes, a week from today (it's a whole 48 minutes into Sunday, don't you know), I will be arriving back in Laramie! I'm totally excited, of course. I'm also having anxiety attacks and getting really sad. Part of it is that I always do that right before a move. If I'm going to school, that means I'm leaving my family, if I'm going back to Idaho it means I'm leaving my friends. It's always sad and it always requires a big mental shift and the development of new routines, which is always stressful to me. And a little bit of it has to do with the bouts of pessimistic anxiety experienced by a certain kilt-wearing Pontiff who shall remain nameless (but not linkless). Don't blame yourself, sweetie, I understand. But I'm not the impenetrable ice fortress I pretend to be....

But even still, I'm totally looking forward to seeing everyone (or at least, everyone who's still around) again. A good time will be had by all!



Thank you, drive thru!

6 Comments:

Blogger Claytonian said...

whoa whoa, are you seeing other people platonically behind my and Brit's backs?

btw, I think you will be around in time for my goodbye party (ask someone to forward you the email).

3:59 PM  
Blogger Raksha said...

*ears perk up* Did someone say "party?" I'm assuming this will be at the new Flock Compound, seeing as how the Queen Hostess herself, Tessa, will be one of the inmates.

Also, uh, sorry to break this to you, honey, but there's nothing platonic about it....

6:00 PM  
Blogger Linus said...

The child zombies are completely chilling. Their dead, lifeless eyes will haunt my dreams...

(I forwarded the party Email to you that Clay mentioned.)

8:43 AM  
Blogger Mandyfish said...

My personal favorite zombie is the teenager that looks like she's scared of being hit in the face with something. She's closer to the bottom, right side, blonde hair.



The LOTR thing is funny!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Claytonian said...

nothing platonic about it, that's like double cheating on us!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home