Saturday, October 22, 2005

10 Things I Hate About You...Wait, I Can Only Pick 10?

Okay, so this blog is getting a revamp. When I left for Laramie for the second half of the summer, I stopped writing because I was living with the majority of my readership and because my life was extremely uneventful in the best way possible. Flock Hall ruled. Then, when I left for grad school, I was way too fucking depressed to write. Columbus, Ohio is America's armpit and the Ohio State University is trying to kill my ass. This is why I've decided to turn this blog into:

Things I Hate About Columbus

The goal is to add a new thing every day, but I don't know if I'll be able to do that. Not because there aren't enough things (trust me, I won't be able to write about them all in the two years I'll be here), but because the university really is trying to kill me, so I may not have enough time to post every day. Even a sentence or two.

So, here is Thing #1, which inspired me to finally go ahead and do this blog revamp:

I Hate Car Thieves

Yes, my car was stolen last night. I take out the trash this morning and look in puzzlement at the empty space where my car is always parked for a moment, trying to work out in my sleep-addled brain what is wrong. Then I panic. I throw the garbage in the dumpster and run all over the parking lots for my apartment complex, desperately looking for my beloved white Subaru Legacy. But alas, some miscreants have absconded with it. Yes, I have a fucking bus pass. Yes, the #2 bus stops right in front of my apartment and runs up and down High Street, which has everything I need on it. That is not the goddamn point. The goddamn point is that I needed my fucking car to get groceries home. I needed it to move furniture. I needed it to get to my family's houses, where the busses don't run. I needed it to LEAVE THIS GODS FORSAKEN CITY. And on top of that, this car wasn't even mine, technically. It's still in my mom's name. She loved that car, but she gave it to me to use while I'm here so I would have something reliable to get around in. I'm living below the poverty line, here, people. How the hell am I supposed to get another car? I can't!

Oh, and on top of that, the bus drivers are going on strike any day now. How the hell I'm supposed to get to campus when that happens, I have no idea.


So, there you have it, folks! The inaugural post of my newly revamped blog!

4 Comments:

Blogger Linus said...

Car thieves are truly teh suxX0rz.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Tessa K. said...

that sux a donkey's dick ... gross image - but accurate anount of badness... we miss you sweetie - and i'll hex the mean car theives for you!!!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Miss you indeed. I'm sorry to hear about your car. That's the second crappiest thing I've heard all week, and there is no shortage of crap these days. But, at least you're posting again. You're rage infused words bring me such comfort. Have I mentioned I miss you? Mmhmm...much missing.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Raksha said...

I miss you guys too! Seriously, I was so tempted to just pack up my cat and leave with Linus when he left this morning. Living in Flock Hall this summer was the happiest I've been in years and years.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home