Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Location Location Location

Thing #2:

I Hate Living So Far East

I hate being so far away from my friends and my immediate family. Sure, I have aunts, uncles, and cousins, as well as my biological father and his family (including my half-sister, who I really am glad to be near again). However, most of these people I haven't seen for 10 years. They're nice people, but they're strangers. And don't even get me started on my biological father. I think of my step-dad as my real father.

I just feel really stranded out here. In Laramie, I knew there was always someone I could call for help. There were people I felt comfortable talking to and sharing personal stuff with (which I really don't do, as a general rule). I trust them, which is no small thing. I don't have that here. I don't have that in this time zone. Here, I just have Evie, and as sweet and loving as she is, she's still a cat. I feel very alone. It is the suck.

I was thrilled that Linus could come visit me this weekend. I feel a little less sucky now, even though I'm sad that he had to leave so soon.

Car Update:

I got my car back!! So, last night at 2 am, Linus and I were finally going to go to sleep, and the phone rang. It was the police saying they'd found my car in Bexley (a suburb of Columbus) with two people in it. So, we drag our asses out there and get my car. The CD player was gone and the car itself is covered in cigarette ashes and trash, but other than that it's just fine. What a relief! They caught the guys who did it red handed, so they're totally screwed. Ha ha. And do you know how they stole the damn thing? My step-dad had put a spare key in a key "safe" (yes, those are sarcastic quotation marks) in one of the wheel wells, and then neglected to tell either me or my mother about it. Yes, they stole my car with its own key. I understand that he's lived in podunk towns his whole life, but seriously. WTF?! Seriously, that's so naive it's embarassing.